Old January 3rd 05, 10:52 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Olaf Gustafson" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 01:36:55 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
>>I just got back from taking my girlfriend home.

> On NYE?
>
>> On the way I observed a
>>police car in front of me. I pulled up behind him at a red light. The
>>protected left turned green adn he gunned it forward into the
>>intersection,
>>then stopped and waited. Then he proceeded to run the red light and take
>>off
>>rather quickly down the residential/small business street posted at 25
>>MPH.
>>I proceeded once the light had turned green, several seocnds later. The
>>cop
>>must have been doing at least upwards of 40 MPH, probably more like 50 MPH
>>as it seems he got to the next light as I was about halfway between the
>>previous light and the next light. Then when he approached the red light
>>with a single car waiting at the light he stopped and waited behind the
>>other car. Once the light turned green he proceeded at a more appropriate
>>speed and then turned around a little ways down that street. All this was
>>without his light bar on or any siren or horn whatsoever. Through town
>>where
>>he was doing 40-50 MPH in the 25 MPH zone there were people walking
>>around,
>>several with small children.
>>

> yawn
>
>>I wrote down his license plate number, NJ municipal plate MG40715. I
>>believe
>>the car was a Haddon Township police car. I plan to go to the police
>>station
>>tomorrow, if they are open that is, and do whatever is necessary to make a
>>written complaint. of course I don't expect anything to be done about this
>>"officers" reckless behavior, but at least I'll feel better for reporting
>>it
>>and having it on paper, assuming the pigs don't shred it and pretend like
>>nothing ever happened.

> Nah, they'll take down your license plate number and harass you

There doesn't seem to be a website for the Haddon Township PD, so I went to
the NJSP website and found this link to filing complaints:

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/njsp/comp/complain.html

Among other guidelines, it says: "The Office of Professional Standards will
thoroughly investigate all reports of misconduct by troopers regardless of
the source. Anyone who files a complaint against a trooper will be treated
with courtesy and respect."

If you were treated rudely, you have legal recourse.