Old July 18th 05, 09:54 PM
Bruce

Gotcha.

The radiator doesn't appear gunked up, but it's very possible. The
filler neck comes out at an angle and doesn't allow one to look down
inside like the rad on my old Toy pickup. No obvious white
scaley-looking crap though. I'll probably have it checked/flushed at a
local radiator shop after I change the hoses, etc just to eliminate it
from the equation. The cap is definitely old and the rubber seals are
cracked so I know at least that needs replaced.

The CV boots still appear supple, not dried and cracked, and no grease
leaking out... I thought a bad CV joint would produce a
"clack-clack-clack" sound during turns and not a squeal, but maybe it's
just not to that point yet. I think I can get a rebuilt axle shaft for
$80 at Pep Boys, so that's not too bad if it stops that infernal
squealing.

Thanks for the advice...