Old August 19th 04, 04:08 PM
Buzzardous Cross

Oh boy, this thread is evolving:

I ask where I should put the better pair of tyres - front or back; and
I get a great answer and explanation (no sarcasm here): at the back to
save the average driver; at the front if your surname's Schumacher.
And get all 4 good tyres if you can afford it!

But maybe now I should ask:
Is it better to have the handbrakes at the front or back!!!

Arguably I'd say it's better at the back cause handbrake turns are
that much easier when you got a lever-operated handbrake on the rear
wheels/axle

But from a safety perspective if a loony passenger yanked the
handbrake mid-turn, you would get a tail-out situation pretty fast! -
which makes the case for Front.

Though living with it daily, it would be quite loony having
cable-driven brakes on the front discs - they're always so bloody hot
anyway, you'd need chocks to keep the car in place for anything longer
than a couple of minutes - discs cool, and car goes for a walk!