Old August 18th 04, 09:17 PM
Tony Rickard

"Gareth Tuckwell" wrote:

> The reason I noticed the anomoly with my car was when I parked my car on a
> friends driveway (slight slope), then came out later to find my car had

run
> down the drive onto the flat area of the road - front brake discs heat up
> when driving, I apply the handbrake, then discs cool down, contract and

come
> away from the wheels. No damage was done, but I always park in gear now!!

This problem is not uncommon with the increasing number of vehicles with
rear disc brakes. These contract and can allow the vehicle to move with the
handbrake on as you describe. I would be surprised if your 156 hand brake
operates on the front wheels as I thought only the Sud had that arrangement