Old March 7th 05, 06:29 PM
C. E. White

> I change my own oil and it is getting harder to crawl under the car to
> change oil.
>
> I have seen units that can suck up the oil through the dipstick tube.
>
> Think these are ok? They suck it up using the air from your compressor.

I have a friend who uses this method and is satisfied. I
wonder (worry) if heavier "gunk" isn't left behind at the
bottom of the pan if you suck the oil out through the
dipstick tube. Are you lucky enough that you can reach your
oil filter from above? On two out of my four vehicles, I
have to crawl under the car to reach the oil filter. This
being the case, removing the drain plug is trivial for these
vehicles. On the other two, sucking the oil out from above
would speed the process, but I still prefer draining the oil
via the pan drain.

Regards,

Ed White