Old January 10th 05, 09:13 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article >, says...

>The problem is that people like you think that the posted limit is safe
>and everything above isn't. Unfortunately that's not the case. There are
>many situations where even the posted limit is much too fast. And in these
>situations both you and I are expected to adjust our speed to the
>conditions instead of to the limit.

What will happen is that you will adjust your speed to the conditions,
but the idiots who think the number posted on the sign is appropriate for
all condition will plow on at unappropriate speeds. These are the folks
who cause the giant pileups you see on the local news. This is especially
evident during heavy fog.

>So if the state deems you capable of adjusting your speed to conditions
>below the posted limit, why don't they let you adjust your speed to the
>conditions in all situations? Correct, because the state needs money and
>writing tickets for speeding is one of the easiest ways to get money.
>
>Again, if you are not capable of adjusting your speed to conditions,
>regardless of the posted limit, you have no business driving a car.

I wish everyone would figure this out. It is so obvious, but missed by
so many.
Alex