Old July 14th 04, 03:10 PM
misterfact

(Blue87T) wrote in message >...

> >Anyone have instructions on how to remove the inner door pannel
> >(front passenger side)on a 2000 sw2 (I think) station wagon so I can
> >unbind the motor and window drive mechanism?

> They are easy to get at . You have to remove the outer door skin and inner door
> panel. Best part is there is plenty of access to move the regulator around
> without drilling out rivets or cutting your wrists on the door shell.

Well- I got the outer door panel off. Then removed the motor housing
and armature with wormgear. Then manually brought the window to the
top. Replaced armature and housing. Hit the "down" switch- window came
down nicely. Hit the "up" switch- nothing!

Conclusion- the whole power window assembly appears to be one of the
very few QUALITY parts of the car. The simple electrical contact
points on the console window switches appear to be CRAP. They don't
reverse polarity so the window can roll up! I'm sure nothing was ever
spilled on them- however Saturn ought to come up with a spring loaded
cover to protect them anyway. Is there some type of grease you can
coat electrical contacts with- so they keep moisture off the contacts
yet conduct electricity. Does lithium grease work?