Old July 11th 05, 01:04 PM
SVTKate

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote

: I don't see it as being wasted, necessarily. Much of what is learned
: developing the ISS will be applicable to sending a mission to Mars,
: which seems the next logical step in space exploration with the possible
: exception of a permanent moon base. Developing the technology to reach
: Mars, and return, will take time... a long time IMO. I think it will
: take another 25-30 years before it is remotely considered feasible.

I am still having trouble understanding WHY we need to go to Mars.

Seems like a huge waste of money to me.
HUGE waste of money.

Like this last little $300 million foofah... lets shoot a rocket at an
asteroid.
$300 freaking MILLION dollars, good thing this country isn't in debt, or
that might be considered a waste of money.

I grew up knowing that if you can't pay your bills, you can't buy new toys
either.
Why our government cannot understand that is beyond me.

Kate