Old June 8th 04, 10:36 PM
Neil Waterworth

"Simon" > wrote in message
om...
> "Neil Waterworth" > wrote in message

>.. .
> > "fmt" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > I pick up my 156 (2001 Y reg saloon) in a few days, but am a little
> > > intrigued as to the type of aerial fitted to the car.
> > > Is it just the Sportswagon that has the aerial as part of the back
> > > window, or is it the saloon as well.
> > > Is the reception any good, or is it worth adding a roof aerial, and if
> > > so how easy is this?
> > > Thanks

> > Sorry I overlooked your post before asking the same question above. As
> > previously stated, MW - unlistenable, LW - non existent, FM - fine. Bit
> > annoying as I only want to listen to (UK) Radio 5 MW and Radio 4 LW for

Test
> > Match Special.
> >
> > If you find a good solution, I'd be glad if you share. I'll do likewise

if I
> > find one.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Neil

> I've got a '98 156 and FM and MW are fine - I can get virgin, 5Live,
> atlantic 252 - loads. LW is reserved for crackly swedish programs. I
> live in Newcastle, so maybe the reception is better... it may also be
> something to do with the model number.

Mine's a '98 156 2.0TS, so I guess the aerial make-up should be fairly
similar. I can kind of get MW, but you have to strain to listen to it. May
well be that transmitter strength is the problem as I live in Cornwall.
Guess I should be thankful for mains electricity . Still, my previous crap
Renault with a standard "stick" aerial never had a problem. Would still like
to know of any alternatives to the rear window version.