Old July 19th 05, 05:52 PM

> Yikes, maybe twice a lifetime would be a more reasonable worst-case.
> How many people here have ever had to be towed?

When you drive cars into the ground, it happens more often than you'd
think. :-) Let's see -- green car twice, yellow car twice, first white
car once, not yet for second white car. First white car got broadsided
by a red-light runner so it was being hauled away by the city, green
car had a power steering pump failure and another part (can't remember
which one) failue, yellow car had a bad alternator and a bad water
pump.

The green car died with 276,000 miles, the yellow I sold at 250,000,
the white was totaled in an accident.