Old July 17th 05, 09:49 PM
Dave

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:56:21 GMT, (Timothy J. Lee)
> wrote:
>
> >Drive in the right lane on a lightly traveled freeway (pass on the
> >left if you encounter slower traffic in the right lane, then return
> >to the right lane when you are safely past). If a faster vehicle
> >comes up behind you, it will probably come to tailgating distance
> >and tailgate you for a while before passing

> This is true even if they were going 10 or 15 MPH faster than you.
> Either they can only think in one dimension and the idea of passing
> never occurs to them, or they are trying to intimidate you into
> speeding up - as if everyone in every lane should have to drive as
> fast as THEY want to drive.

It's quite common in San Diego to see a car behind you that just won't
pass no matter what, even if you're going 70 when they start tailgating
and slow to 55, they still won't pass.

I've slowed as low as 45 (with hazard lights flashing) to see if a
tailgater would bother passing. Nope, she just sat right on my ass.
Maybe she just was waiting for her exit, but I drove like that for
about 5 miles before exiting and she just kept following until I was on
the ramp.

Stupid people, you know?

Dave