Old August 5th 04, 07:30 AM
MeatballTurbo

Default What are mid 90's Alfas like on LPG?

As the time to actually buy a new car approaches, I just an inredible
thought. While the Saab has to go, period, I could get something with an
equally juicy engine if it could be run on LPG.

While I said before, no V6's because of economy, maybe that wouldn't be
the case if it could safely and comfortabley run on LPG instead of
petrol.

That would put the 155 V6 and possibly the 164 v6 (only possibly because
of the sheer size of the vehicle) firmly in the affordable luxury
cruiser bracket. I know the conversion might cost way more than the car
(depending on whether the 164 keeps climbing in price), but it wouldn't
take long with a V6 to reap the fuel benefits, especially if I keep the
car for a couple of years, and move it on before fuel duty on LPG equals
that of Petrol.

What does everyone think?
--
Carl Robson
(The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)