Old December 23rd 04, 01:21 PM
John

Sounds like a wife problem.

Last night my wife took our "new" (05/2003 bought two days ago w/4900km!)
330i SMG out for a ride to town. Ten minutes later I get a call on my
cellphone--my wife cannot start the car. The ABS light stays on, the
gearshift "C" light is lit, although the lever is locked in the "N"
position, and "N" is indicated on the dash. The engine does not turn over.
While I'm dressing our daughter so we can make a rescue mission to town the
phone rings again. The car is running.
The solution is a sort of Microsoft Windows reset: my wife got out of the
car, locked it using the remote, then unlocked it. Everything went smoothly
back to zero!

Your situation may be a similar case of electronic ghosts. I'd suggest

Ciao,
John