Old October 25th 04, 02:54 AM
hjarrett

I bought some of those cheap clear plastic tag covers (the brittle plastic
ones). When a Braille parker backs up on my car the clear plastic breaks
and makes an awful sound. I go through a couple a year but most people stop
when they hear the plate cover break and there are only two small marks on
the front end where the screws for the plate were pushed back by a blind and
deaf parker. As for the fenders and doors in angled parking I haven't found
much that helps but always remember to leave your car BACK in the space. A
couple of times a moron thought there was an empty space between two SUVs
and tried to get in at Mach 1 only to find out there was my little Miata
pulled forward to the curb. Leave your rear end back far enough to be even
with the other cars rear ends. As a side benefit your doors will only pick
up dings from the rear doors of most cars, your front fenders will look like
a WW-1 battlefield and your rear end fenders will stay new forever.
Hank