Old June 19th 06, 08:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Has anyone installed a Security Alarm

I have an aftermarket immobilizer in my 93 now... it's unstealable,unless it gets towed. (I lost a 91 and a Bronco to thieves in two years previous.)

In the early days, i just used to pop the hood and unplug the coil wire from the distribtor cap and leave the factory plastic thing covering the cap in place. Looked 100% stock and ready to rumble, but never went anywhere. Maybe I'm underestimating the intelligence of car thieves, but you've got to be an idiot to steal a car already, so probably not.

Brad

"lightnen" > wrote in message ...
Hi there Peoples:
Well with an investment of a 06 Stang I'm looking into installing a
security system the one I'm tilting towards is a " Crime Guard 745i4 " which
has a motion sensor (this is a convertable) has anyone installed one of
these units. Or is there a until just as good but less expensive. I've done
some searching an not many that will accomodate a convertable.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-deaAf4s...p?i=514CG745I4

Lightnen