Old October 20th 04, 03:20 AM
Bill 2

"James C. Reeves" > wrote in message
> The HLDI released it's list of cars based on how likely they are to be

stolen.
> Among the top 5 are two Cadillac SUX/XUV models and the Nissan Maxima,

which I
> guess makes some sense. The Cadillac's have expensive wheels and are

often
> recovered without the wheels and the Maxims has the HID headlamps that are

> perfect fit to the older Maximas. But also on the list are the Dodge
> Stratus/Chrysler Sebring (same basic car). What is so special about those

that
> thieves are interested in?

Chrysler has traditionally had easily defeatable ignition systems making
them really easy to steal. Good for joyriders. Especially early 90's
Chryslers, but they're started to get less common. I'd estimate 50% of
Acclaims / Sundances / Voyagers owners use "The Club" because of this.