Old April 18th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 1992 Accord Shudders - DTCs

dropsentra wrote:

> Thanks for the help guys. One stupid mistake. . .
>
> I've probably been using synthetic for about 60k miles. I didn't see
> it say temp replacement anywhere in this manual (though I've seen it in
> others). Argh! I see more and more you shouldn't use anything other
> than honda products in honda vehicles. I was just using Mobil Sythetic
> in the engine and trans. Now look where it's got me. While I'm at it,
> is it safe to use Mobil 1 in the engine?
>
> According to that chart it sounds like my A and B solenoids are all
> bad. However, I'm not having / haven't been having any of those
> symptoms.
>
> Well, I'll try getting Honda fluid back in the trans and see if it's
> not too late. I may have to drive a couple hours to even get some. I
> just moved to Ridgecrest, CA and there's no Honda dealer here.
>
> Even if it comes back, I wonder how much damage has been done? At
> least my fluid hasn't ever been dark like the guy with the CRV. Maybe
> that's good. Is this a case where I should just take it to the dealer
> and drop the money and have them check it out and possibly do a flush,
> just to get the rest of the synthetic out, or is it not worth it?

'Flush' is a dirty word at Honda dealerships.

They don't 'flush' honda autoboxes, just drain-n-fill them. Why not
order 7 quarts from the dealer and have them put it on the bus? Warm it
up, drain it once for 10 minutes, refill with Honda, run it through all
the gears for five minutes, repeat. Reset the codes. You'll know soon
enough if the codes don't return. If it's WAY better, invest in three or
four more quarts and do it again to be sure of good protection.

'Curly'