Old April 17th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 1992 Accord Shudders - DTCs

"dropsentra" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Thanks for the help guys. One stupid mistake. . .
>
> I've probably been using synthetic for about 60k miles. I didn't see
> it say temp replacement anywhere in this manual (though I've seen it in
> others). Argh! I see more and more you shouldn't use anything other
> than honda products in honda vehicles. I was just using Mobil Sythetic
> in the engine and trans. Now look where it's got me. While I'm at it,
> is it safe to use Mobil 1 in the engine?

Yes.

> According to that chart it sounds like my A and B solenoids are all
> bad. However, I'm not having / haven't been having any of those
> symptoms.
>
> Well, I'll try getting Honda fluid back in the trans and see if it's
> not too late. I may have to drive a couple hours to even get some. I
> just moved to Ridgecrest, CA and there's no Honda dealer here.
>
> Even if it comes back, I wonder how much damage has been done? At
> least my fluid hasn't ever been dark like the guy with the CRV. Maybe
> that's good. Is this a case where I should just take it to the dealer
> and drop the money and have them check it out and possibly do a flush,
> just to get the rest of the synthetic out, or is it not worth it?

It would be an *excellent* idea to get ALL the old fluid out. Bite the
bullet, get a proper flush done, and see what happens.

In fact, if you notice a distinct improvement with one complete flush, get
it done AGAIN to catch the last of the synth.

This is NOT the time for half-assed measures. Transmission replacement is
horrendously expensive.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ