Old April 16th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 1992 Accord Shudders - DTCs

dropsentra wrote:
> To answer your first question: If those are common questions I didn't
> know, last night was my first night to this message board. Also, I
> guess since I try to take very good care of my vehicles I didn't even
> think of it being necessary to mention when my last trans fluid change
> was because I never let it go too long, though I did just check and
> notice it has been about 24,000 miles since I last changed it. I try
> to change it every 25,000 miles. (Change it, not flush it). So, as

change, as in change, run, change? or just change once? if you change
once, you arent getting all the old stuff out of the torque converter.

> for your other questions, the car has about 174,857 miles on it, and
> the trans fluid has about 24,000 miles on it. Do you think that's
> enough miles on the trans fluid for it to start acting up? It's never
> happened on this car before, even with more miles on the fluid. I was
> planning to try changing it this weekend anyway. However, here's
> another question I thought of last night after I already posted my last
> message: Is it okay to use Mobil Synthetic ATF in this car? The
> manual says to use Dexron, and the Mobil Synthetic says it's for use in
> vehicles that require Dexron, so I've been using the Mobil synthetic.
> Is that a problem with this car for some reason?

try changing it out with stuff (honda ATF) from the honda dealer. for
some weird reason, dexron, etc seem to cause rough/abrupt shifting.

if you notice a change for the better, change it AGAIN with MORE of it
in about a week. goal is to try to get as much of the old stuff out as
possible. clear the codes, see if they come back.

but at close to 200k miles on the original tranny, i dont know how much
longer itll last.

cant help ya with the codes, but hopefully the honda fluid will clear a
few of the problems up, if not all.