Old December 3rd 04, 02:24 PM
Rufus T. Firefly

A common problem is the cable moves when you pull the handle but the hood
doesn't pop up. I couldn't determine by the post if that was your problem
or the cable was actually stuck. But for anyone who has a cable that pulls
ok and the hood still won't pop up this will help...... The actual problem
is with the hood hinges. Use a penetrating lubricant on all the hinge pivot
pins and work the hood up and down several times while you spray the pins
until it works easily. Once you have it freed up and working correctly a
few drops of oil on the hinge pivots occasionally will keep it working
nicely. The dumb little spring that pops the hood up when you pull on the
cable doesn't have enough force to overcome stiff hinges, especially on a
long, heavy hood.

--
"Opportunities are spawned from crisis"
"Spiderman" > wrote in message
The hood latch on my 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer occasionally gets stuck (usually
when it's cold out). I tried lubing the latch and spring to no avail. I'd
like to increase the tension on the cable to get a bigger "release"....but
it does not appear to be adjustable. I tried moving the little metal stopper
at the end of the cable but it doesn't budge. What's the trick?