Old June 8th 05, 01:48 AM
Chris

Not sure about your SC, and perhaps this is the sensor you referred to, but
on an older Audi, the relay was switched by a sensor in the rad header tank
(i.e. NOT the engine temp sensor). Jumpering that switched everything on
immediately. I replaced that switch and made certain that coolant level was
correct and problem was resolved (I also installed an illuminated toggle
switch in parallel with the rad switch, which allowed me to both override
the temp switch if I felt I needed to, and see when the circuit was
energized - sort of the "belt and suspenders" approach)

Best of luck

ps.com...