Old July 11th 05, 12:14 PM
Chris S

i've just changed the bulbs in my 146 for some Osram Silverstar ones,
which are the brightest (lumens) you can get without going for a higher
wattage bulb.

the "blue" "xenon" "hid look" bulbs do give a whiter light sometimes,
but they are normally dimmer, this chart was usefull when i was
deciding which ones to get..

Osram or Sylvania H1 (regular normal):
1550 lumens, 650 hours

Osram or Sylvania H1 long life:
1460 lumens, 1200 hours

Osram H1 Super
1700 lumens, 350 hours

Osram H1 Silver Star (NOT Sylvania Silver Star):
1770 lumens, 350 hours

Osram H1 CoolBlue or Sylvania H1 Silver Star:
1380 lumens, 225 hours

as you can see the silverstar has the highest lumens rating, where as
the blue bulbs as much lower, they also seem to last less as well

depends what you are after, if you want more light on the road then go
of the highest lumens rating, if you want to look like hid ish lights,
go for the blue ones.

i think tho the example on the website is very misleading, they compare
in the picture halogen bulbs with hid lights, which those bulbs
certainly arn't!

i got my bulbs for 12.99 inc delivery from
http://www.consumabulbs.com/

hope this helps

Chris