Old July 10th 05, 11:00 PM
Rocky

update:
I bought a 4' long hose/propane torch fitting kit and have heated up the
bolt til it starts to glow and the alternator starts smoking from the
windings buring - that lower bolt still will not loosten.

I am howerver able to freely flop the alternator back ond forth in it's
pivot - the rust have disolved in that arena.

I tried to grind off the aluminum part of the alternator to shear it off the
bolt, but there is not enough room to work plus my grinder uses up the air
before the compressor can put it back in the tank.

I did remove one bolt from the bracket where it mounts to the block, but the
through bolt blocks the removal of the second bolt - a disappointing design
by honda engineering.

any other ideas?