Old June 22nd 04, 08:20 AM
kons

Thanks,
thats spot on,

Here is what I also found in the mean time.
I searched a bit more last night and found references to the diag info
you can get from the control unit.
The AC control say that the temprature flap is not working...
set point is not the same as the feedback pot.
Also found pictures of the procedure to get at the flap motor.

But I wonder if it can be a fully disconnected rod since
I do get colder air from it as the summer approches.
Only now there is no heat early in the morning when that
is needed.I guess that will be obvious when its opened.

I would prefere not to let the dealer here do this as my A6 is imported
(used from Germany) and the dealers seems to revenge the lost sales by
overcharging repair costs for those that have these.
(or perhaps they just rip everyone off how whould I know)
Paid ~200 USD (equivalent) for them to hock the door opner cable back on,
found out later when it happened again that I could fix it in 5 minutes.
and _no_ it was not on the lower end of the cable I did fix that on the
other door..
gaaahhh .. bl...y croocks

Anyway thanks.
Now I know it will be fixed (only need to find time to do it)