Old January 20th 05, 12:24 AM
Mike Romain

Letting up on the clutch in neutral is also double clutching which can
let a low fluid or water contaminated tranny shift. That implies the
syncros aren't spinning up.

I would be checking the fluid first anyway just to make sure it is
topped up and doesn't look like a milkshake. They get water in them
easy if you go too deep off road, the tranny has no vent hose only a
button.

After that, you get into pressure plate issues or even loose trannys or
hydraulics....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's