Old October 14th 04, 02:40 AM
Ricky

Default transmission problem

I just bought a 1990 chrysler new yorker,fifth avenue. it will go into
the first gears but will not go into overdrive. was hooked into a
computor and drove down the road. all codes were screwed up and the
transmission place said it probaly had been worked on before. They said
their best guess was everything from a celinoid module on the
transmission or a transmission computor. or a cvi whatever that is. When
you put this car into reverse it takes a few seconds to go into
gear.this morning it went through all the gears but then it acted like
it was slipping into overdrive. has anyone ever experienced this. a new
transmission is 1300.00 !! more than i accually paid for the car. the
guy i bought it from said it was just a 30.00 peice that was bad.If you
could email me and and tell me your opinion i would appreciate it my
email is Thanks ricky