Old July 18th 05, 09:39 PM
y_p_w

Ulf wrote:
> y_p_w wrote:

> > No - front turn signals **must** be amber per FMVSS 108. Rears can be
> > amber or red.
> >
> > It should be read this way:
> >
> > Turn signal lamps - Passenger cars, multipurpose passenger vehicles,
> > trucks, trailers, and buses:
> > At or near the front-1 amber on each side of the vertical centerline,
> > at the same height, and as far apart as practicable.

> You're missing the point. Read Daniel's post again, he explained it
> to you.

I don't think I'm missing the point. White is not a legal turn
signal color anywhere. Here's his post:

DS> That Table III is, like much of FMVSS108, tough to read. "2 red
DS> or amber" applies to the rear, "2 amber" applies to the front.

Ergo - must have two amber turn signal lights in the front.

DS> All regulations worldwide except North American ones require amber
DS> turn signals at all four corners. Have for decades. ECE R48, ADR,
DS> JIS, etc.

Ergo - all four turn signals must be amber outside of North America.

In the US, there are two options for passenger car turn signals.

1) Two amber in the front and two amber in the rear.
2) Two amber in the front and two red in the rear.