Old July 8th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Matt Ion[_1_]

Default Dead transmission? No power to wheels

wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I guess I should have specified-- what I did was replace the
> motor/tranny as an assembly with a JDM motor/tranny assembly. Never
> separated the motor/tranny that I removed, nor the one I installed.
> I thought about replacing the clutch on the new tranny, but I was told
> that the motor/tranny combo only had 30-40k miles, so I figured it
> ought to be good for lots of miles to come....
>

>>Did you remember to transfer the clutch assembly (disc and pressure
>>plate) to the new engine? They're bolted to the flywheel and the new
>>engine likely wouldn't have included them.

Hmmmmm so much for that idea then...

Shift linkage working properly, engaging gears? I know it's hydraulic,
but at the tranny end there still has to be a mechanical linkage between
the cylinder and the gears... maybe it's not actually getting out of
neutral?