Old April 15th 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default things are stirring for lfs s2 users

"Jeff Reid" wrote...
>> <snip>

> I'm really looking forward to the improvment in tire physics.
> I've pretty much given up on LFS while waiting for this
> improvement. Based on the patch details, it should be much
> better.

The game is far too good to give up on, IMO, but I've also refrained from
putting any serious effort into it as being competitive automatically meant
using exploits. I have to say I've really got my hopes up for this patch
too.

> One concern is that as all racing sims improve, what will
> be the distinguishing factors for future games. With only
> a crew of 3 programmers, and based on the current pace,
> I figure that the final release of LFS (S3) will happen in
> 2008 or 2009. Wondering what the competition will be
> like by then?

Non-existant, the way it's looking, since there's no major player doing
racing simulations anymore(*). ;-(

Jan.
=---
(*): as in size of corporation as opposed to reputation, of course.