Old March 14th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Filler Tube Problem

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Tim wrote:

> I recently bought a 2003 Voyager. I have no problem fueling in St.
> Petersburg, FL. However, when I tried to fuel up in Ft Lauderdale, FL,
> the pump constantly kept shutting off. No matter what I did, I could
> barely put in only a few gallons before becoming exasperated.
> The pumps in Ft Lauderdale (Broward County) have a round guard over the
> pump nozzle that I think is a vapor recovery of some sort. But I think
> it somehow is preventing me from filling the car.

Probably because you were not using it correctly. It is indeed a vapor
recovery system. You push the nozzle into the filler neck of your car,
against the nozzle's spring tension, then lower the nozzle handle downward
towards the ground, then let the nozzle's spring tension push the nozzle
outward until it stops. THEN you begin fuelling!