Old July 9th 05, 10:26 AM
John Burns

> I just bought a 1990 325i which seems to be in great shape. I've had it for
> about two weeks. It finally rained here in Tacoma WA and I've noticed that
> there is a leak that drips down the passenger side kick panel. This won't do
> in the rainy northwest. The carpet is in excellent shape and it does not
> appear that there has ever been a problem of this sort in the car. The car
> has 191k miles on it and is all original. I suspect that it has had some
> body work but whoever did it did an outstanding job. Anybody have any
> thoughts on how I should procede to stop this leak?

Check the scuttle drain is clear. Any water that enters through the
grills next to the windscreen wipers collects in the scuttle and goes
out via a black plastic drain tube.

Could also be a badly sealed windscreen.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!