Old May 30th 05, 04:44 AM

I don't think Enzo loved cars per se, he loved engineering, he loved
good workmanship-and he thought of himself as a engine and chassis
builder, preferring to leave coachwork elsewhere-and most of all he
loved winning. Ford beat him, once or twice, Colin Chapman ditto,
everyone else ditto. Enzo went the distance. Even Shel never really
beat him-no one did. He's the Sinatra of fast cars. He really did do
it his way.

The 308 was, I think, really a Dino to Enzo-a Ferrari was a twelve
cylinder automobile. The 365BB is to me the ultimate Ferrari, he
couldn't sell it in America, but he'd made his point. The 308 is still
a fun car to drive-yes, I have-but it has a 90 degree flat crank V8.

I'd like to see a Chevelle (not gutted out and NASCARized) beat any
Ferrari ever built around the N=FCrburgring. THAT, and not High School
Drag Night, is what performance is about.