Old September 4th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Default Eagle Starter Problem

bruce wrote:

> I read some other posts that talked about Toyota's using the same sort
> of starter solenoid and having the solenoid contacts available (whereas
> our wonderful Chrysler dealers wouldn't). I think I'm going to pursue
> that next since those contacts are probably relatively cheap.

There's a shop here in Independence, MO, that will sell the solenoid
contacts. I've bought contacts for a few Chrysler minivan starters, and
they always tell me to bring the starter in to match the parts
visually. Most shops that are in the business of rebuilding things
don't like to sell parts, but these guys went ahead and sold me what I
needed for well under $5.