Old August 22nd 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
KaTz

Default Uk Honda Accord 1999 2.0i VTEC SE - Bose Radio removal - How?

KaTz wrote:
> Hi I just got this car and want to replace the existing Bose cassette
> player with a mp3 headset.
> I have check out this group and some other sites online but they can't
> help as my model isn't covered.
> The plastic that surrounds my radio and the air con controls above goes
> all the way around the speedo also. So I can't figure out where to get
> the screws out from.
>
> http://pic.piczo.com/img/i96518845_357_3.jpg
> [the above is a pic of my current bose system]
>
> Any help appreciated.
> The local honda dealer will replace the stereo for a price of £50ish
> next week - so come on guys - help me out!!!
> Thanks

just an update.
someone mailed me, thanks
i managed to get dash surround of and radio out. but cos i have a bose
system i needed an adaptor for new stereo to fit.
so drove to halfords. what a bummer - bose systems have no adaptors
available. looks like i'm stuck - or i can cut the wires and connect
with bullet connectors. but i dont wanna do that.
****e.