Old January 9th 05, 09:38 PM
Scubabix

> sure they were allowed to increase their deductables for
> hurricane damage.
> how many hurricanes have hit Florida now ?
> how do you figure they have ripped anyone off ?
> you are lucky to be able to get insurance at all.
>
> just my2¢
> --
> "Key"

It's kind of ironic that Florida has anti-gouging laws that prevent prices
for services/products from being raised excessively due to natural
disasters. But, I pay my insurance every year with a $500 deductible for
any claims, until a hurricane hits. Then the insurance companies are
allowed to raise my deductible to $2000-$5000 dollars. That my friend is
ripping everyone off. A lot of the hardest hit areas are populated by
senior citizens living on pensions. $2000 out of a budget is rough on most
people, let alone those on limited income. As far as being lucky to get
insurance at all, that is pure and complete bull****. I pay extra insurance
for hurricane and flood coverage, I've never made a claim on that insurance,
but. if I do, they'll either raise it or drop my coverage completely. That
is ripping people off. And try buying any car or house without that same
insurance, no matter how much you have to pay for it. That is my .02

Rob