Old February 28th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default '87 supra turbo - mass air sensor / excess induction system oil

On 27 Feb 2006 18:19:38 -0800, "streamline" >
wrote:

>Will dead seals in the turbo cause excess oil to accumulate on the
>intake side of the turbo and "foul" the mass air sensor ? related
>question: engine revs good (albeit slightly) to about 1200 rpm then
>dies as it tries to go higher. If you can feather the throttle to get
>it past 1200 or so, it runs fine. Oil fouled mass air sensor?

No. I just looked it up in AllData and Mitchell both. If they are
correct it is not that type of sensor. It's not a hot wire type but
the old-fashioned type with a moving door.

Don
www.donsautomotive.com