Old May 7th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Ford 5.0 Liter Timing Chain Cover

Ouch, busted bolts are sure a pain aren't they...

If you get the area super clean with an acetone or other solvent wipe
and use RTV and let it set up for the 24 hours it calls for before
putting fluids or vibration to it, you might be fine. I like 'permatex'
'ultra black'.

Getting it clean and dry is the biggest problem. Even a fingerprint
will mess up the seal.

You don't say what year, but if you have an O2 sensor in there, you need
to use 'sensor safe' RTV. Regular RTV fumes will kill some sensors.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's