Old December 16th 04, 01:48 AM
Jim

I'm not sure what the point of this question is, but I have only sat in an
R32 and sprinted with two in traffic. They are quite fast. Both times I was
behind them I had to lift between 2&3 with my 337 and after that they just
pull away like there is no tomorrow. The exhaust note is wild. The interior
is in my opinion excellent, throw in the versatility of a Golf, AWD and it
is the kind of car I would drive if I could spare the cash. Of course you
can see the competition in the Evo and STX not to mention whatever else will
be creeping into the picture. The cool thing is that it's a VW, not a
BMWhatever or Mercedes. It's encouraging to see cars of this style and power
in this price class. If you do the math it might make more sense. Take a
straight GTI and throw in the R32 engine, 6 speed trans, AWD, interior,
wheels and tires and you have quite a bit more car for the money. I don't
think you can honestly compare the two cars
In the meantime I'll be thrashing about in my 337 (a great car(worth the
extra$)).

Jim