Old March 4th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Need help w/Taurus auto transmission prob

wrote:
> '95 Taurus 165,000 mi. Lost all but Lo gear while driving. Can put it
> in Dr & can accelerate from stop. Stays in Lo. When I let off gas,
> coasts as if in neutral. Doesn't re-engage until RPM's pick up to match
> the speed in Lo.
>
> Have Reverse. Fluid at bottom of cross-hatch on dipstick when cold.
>
> Any tips?

Might be worth a trip to the trannie shop and have them put a shaffer
shifter on it and do a diagnostic. If your lucky, you could have a stuck
solenoid,VSS problem or a valve body problem. Call around and find a
shop that will do a free diagnostic. Somehow, i am not optimistic.
I have got a spare in my garage for my 93. 200K and its still alive.
But its showing signs of Alzheimer's...... (or FOrdsheimers)

Bob