Old December 15th 04, 06:08 PM
David

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
> A local fellow who works with my wife is selling his clean 72 beetle
> for $1500. It's his daily driver. I have not yet seen it in person.
> There is one mechanical issue he is aware of: it does not go into
> third gear. He writes, "There is no 3rd gear, it acts as if it is in
> neutral. I spoke to a couple of different people and I was told that
> it's the linkage, not the whole transmission, but I don't know for
> sure."
>
> Is this a red flag -- or just light pink?

> Today's Deep Thought:
>
> The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate
> it.
> --Franklin P. Jones

I had the tranny in my 69 buggy do the same thing in second, got a replacement ( no core charge ) from MOFOCO for
$350.00 with shipping. Haven't had a problem with it yet. That was approximatly 2.5 years ago, its only a weekend
driver. When mine went i asked the group was told it was most likely the tranny.
David