Old September 12th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Jim[_14_]

Default 93 Corvette Clutch issue

Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> > Let's see: tt's probably a blockage in the hydraulics, since you

> Strange. Should read "it's probably not a ..."

Thanks for all the thoughts. In response to a few of the questions,
you are correct I changed the master, slave and hydraulic line at least
once. I also changed the plastic bushings located in the pedal pivot
shaft (however the old ones looked good). I thought about air in the
system or boiling fluid as well. However I thought that would lead to
a spungy pedal instead of a stiff one. Have you ever run into the
opposite situation where the hot fluid actually enlarges the seals and
makes the pedal stiffer? I'm also wondering if the driver's side CAT
is running hot for some reason and thus causing excessive heat by the
line and/or slave? The car runs great at about 195 degrees. I've been
using the GM hydraulic fluid since it contains some additives for the
seals.

I am stumped.

Jim