Old September 12th 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jeffcoslacker[_129_]

Default 93 Corvette Clutch issue

Kaz Kylheku Wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > I've changed every possible part I can imagine.

> Nope! I see you haven't mentioned having done anything with the pedal
> and its linkage. Your stiff pedal could be caused by something sticking
> in the pedal assembly itself. The shifting difficulty could also be
> attributed to a need for adjustment in the pedal.
>
> Let's see: tt's probably a blockage in the hydraulics, since you
> changed both cylinders and the line between them, right? It's probably
> not a problem with the clutch release mechanism including the pressure
> plate and disk, since all were serviced or replaced. What does that
> leave?

Boiling hydros will give you a mushy, ineffective pedal, not a
difficult one....

I too though about the pedal linkage and pivot, I had a Chevy tow truck
that had a very stiff clutch pedal action with questionable clutch
disengagement, you had to toe it through the carpet to get it to
disengage sometimes, and it seemed to get worse the farther you
drove...after some adjustments failed to change anything signifigantly
I noticed the clutch pedal pivot bar was actually moving around in it's
bushings, negating pedal travel...had to disassemble it and replace the
worn components...

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638