Old October 25th 04, 10:50 PM
Ppelectron

><snip>
>>It's not me, it's those other manics on the road that I worry about .

>A deeply unconvincing reply. Anybody that hits *you* will probably say
>the same thing.
>
>The trick is to anticipate other road users actions and properly read
>the road ahead. It's also possible to be trained to a drive at a
>higher safety level. I do/did all this rather than buy a Volvo. YMMV.
>
>--
>Scotland
>Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
>'Oil' be seeing you..
>(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)

There will always be a chance you could be involved in an accident that you
could do nothing about. I had a psycho driver shoot out from a side road onto a
main road in front of me with no warning. They were going fast and I didn't
even have time to brake. Wrote my audi off completely. It is unrealistic to
assume that you would be able to miss all the nutters on the roads. Look in the
Daily Mail today (UK) for a picture of a nutter on the M4 motorway driving up
the middle of a carriageway in rush hour in the wrong direction. The picture
speaks for itself.