Old May 28th 05, 08:47 PM
jim beam

Jason wrote:
> In article >, SoCalMike
> > wrote:
>

>>Jason wrote:

>>>Hello,
>>>There are exceptions to every rule. For example, my '99 Accord is the
>>>second generation--not the third. It's an exception to the rule since the
>>>engine and related transmission was first used in the 1996 Acura CL. This
>>>means that the engine and transmission in my 99 Accord was used three
>>>years before it was placed in the 99 Accords. That's why I was not
>>>concerned about it since I knew any defects found in the engine and
>>>transmission were repaired before it was placed in my car.
>>>

>>so the V6 version of the 96 acura and 99 accord didnt have any auto
>>tranny probs?

> There are exceptions to every rule. I agree--Honda should have solved this
> problem before they put that same defective transmission in the 99 Honda
> Accord 6 cyld. cars. Honda dropped the ball. My neighbor has a 99 Honda 6
> cyld. Accord. I have not told them about the problem since it would just
> cause them to worry. Do you know whether or not Honda is replacing those
> transmissions for free? if so, I will tell them in case their transmission
> develops problems. I am glad that I have the 4 cyld. version of the same
> car instead of the 6 cyld.

which about the same time honda took the decision to drop all hatchbacks
here in the u.s., make the civic macpherson strut and adopt red rear
turn signal lenses - one of the DUMBEST things i have ever seen. oh,
and make the accord have twin pipes coming out of the rear despite the
fact that there's only pipe coming under the car.

whatever my pet peeves, honda have come under a lot of criticism from
the financial analysts for their civic decison - it basically handed the
substantial "enthusiast" market to subaru on a plate with
correspondingly disasterous drops in sales. when's the last time you
saw an rsx, the macpherson "integra"? and toyota have taken a lot of
honda's family sedan market because of the transmission problems you cite.

honda used to be run by car enthusiasts. now, it seems to be run by
bean counters who think cosmetic garbage and engineering short cuts are
the way to make money. wrong honda, wrong. that's ford/g.m.'s game. i
used to buy honda because they were well made, well engineered, sporty
little cars. if i was in the market for a new car today, i'd buy toyota
or nissan. or subaru.