Old August 30th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
kaig

Default 1997 grand cherokee (zj) brake, e-brake questions

Mike Romain wrote:

> To start off, there is a right and a left 'star wheel' They must be in
> the proper side or they will just fall out possible jamming the rear
> wheel up.

Thanks, I didn't mess up left side vs right side (unless they were
already wrong to start with). However, I guess my brake is less
complicated than what you're thinking of. It's just the parking brake,
running inside the "drum" of the rotor. It doesn't have any
auto-adjustment, I'm quite sure of that.

This site I googled may help to visualize things:
http://www.nagca.com/grandtech/e-bra...eplacement.htm