Old December 21st 04, 05:50 PM
Garth Almgren

Default Auto Digital Tire Pressure Gauge Survey

Around 12/20/2004 5:16 PM, Arif Khokar wrote:

> Mike Romain wrote:
>
>> Arif Khokar wrote:

>>> Gee, if the temperature was -40C and your car doesn't start, do you
>>> wonder if the battery froze? Would you have it towed to a junkyard
>>> believing that's where it belongs?

>> What good is a gauge my wife can only use 6 months of the year and "I"
>> better not forget it is in her glove box where it belongs or it will
>> die?

> IME, they start working again when the temperature goes back up. I have
> a digital gauge in my car right now and it still works (the temperature
> dropped down to -17 C here).

I once left a new CD player I had got for Christmas in the trunk of the
car overnight on a sub-zero (F) night. The thing wouldn't function the
next morning until it had warmed up quite a bit.

Electronics, especially cheap electronics, don't like being too cold.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.