Old May 21st 05, 03:39 AM
Anthony Giorgianni

Yet the will of the people says something entirely different. Why are you
> not objecting to the fact that there is a obvious disconnected between
> law and the will of the people in this nation?

That raises an interesting question, Brent.

Is the fact that many or even most motorists are exceeding a given speed
limit enough to conclude that they think the speed limit should be higher?
I'm wondering if anyone has actually studied this or done a survey. I mean I
think I can safety drive 80 mph, but I don't think everyone is capable of
safely driving at 80 mph - especially not teenagers, maybe some elderly
people with reduced abilities. So I wouldn't approve of raising the speed
limit to 80 in many places where a lot of people drive that fast. I wonder
if the majority of fast drivers feel the same way or if they generally think
speed limits should be raised. Do you know if anyone has actually done a
survey?

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.