Old May 29th 05, 11:13 PM
Norman

Default 1982 CJ-7

Until 8 months ago, I faithfully locked in my hubs and drove 5 miles to
lubricate the axle while driving off road. Last September I moved from the
AZ desert to Washington State. My Jeep has been parked for 7 months after
driving it 1500 miles to get it here.

I went to an off road park to lock in my hubs and heard a clacking noise
when I increased the RPM's in 4 high and 4 low. It sounded like my transfer
case was not fully engaged. I unlocked the hubs, drove a few hundred yards
and tried again. I heard the same clacking noises like the gear was not
fully engaged.

My wife bought our Jeep new in 1982, so we know it's entire history. We have
never had any problem like this before. Am I looking at a simple
adjustment, or do I need to have major hardware replaced?

Thanks in advance,
Norman