Old January 17th 05, 04:31 PM
Brent P

In article >, Dave Head wrote:
> On 17 Jan 2005 06:39:17 -0800, "N8N" > wrote:

>> I have heard, in the last week, a vehicle
>>with a terminal-sounding rod knock;

> Not a safety problem.

I think a rod coming through the block would be....

>>seen a vehicle with an obviously blown head gasket,

> Not a safety problem.

Ever been behind a vehicle with an obviously blow head gasket?
There is this HUGE amount of steam coming out of the tailpipe. It's like
driving in a thick fog with a sickly-sweet smell of coolant.

>>and finally one with no lights on the rear of the
>>vehicle at all except for the third brake light.

> Doesn't need an inspection, just a cop that will pull it over.

HAH! Maybe if the driver is 20, it's 2am, and he's obeying the speed
limit. Anyone they don't want to check out or harrass will not be stopped
for it.