Old January 17th 05, 03:59 PM
Brent P

In article .com>, N8N wrote:
> Now if these are the
> *obvious* issues immediately identified by a cursory glance from a
> passing vehicle, what else is being neglected? Brakes? Suspension?
> Critical drivetrain parts like the driveshaft that could actually pose
> a safety risk should it fail? It seems fairly likely...
>
> The scary thing is, I live in a fairly affluent area.

Ditto for my observations in similiar areas. People with money who won't
spend a couple of bucks to replace tail lamps.

In the poorer areas I am more likely to hear things like rod knock,
obviously bad suspensions and other horrors, but generally I find that the
one-working-tail-lamp vehicles are somewhat less common. My only guess
is because of enforcement. Nobody is going to pull over the 65 year old
white woman driving the '00 mercedes for burned out brake lamp. However,
the 22 year old black male in the '84 oldsmobile delta 88.....